— up to 12 children (2 school terms)
Focus: finding your special talents, sense of achievement, enjoy your uniqueness within the group, team work.
Children will put together a puppet show, all by themselves. They will design and create their own characters, paint together the sceneries and contribute to the script. We will welcome all ideas to create a unique piece of art in an empowering, safe and fun atmosphere.
— can cover different areas of the curriculum (literacy, history, design and technology) by working around any book or topic,
— promotes reading, comprehension and critical thinking.
- Choose a book you love - we will vote in the class and pick the one most liked.
- Tell what you like about it - we will discuss the main themes of the book and contribute with ideas to make the story our own.
- Choose your favourite character - dream. Who would you like to act as?
- Design your character - make your own version of the character, use your imagination to achieve a unique result.
- Make your puppet - I will give you clear instructions and a great formula, you will be amazed at what you can do by yourself.
- Painting the scenery - I will teach you how to use perspective and colour to achieve volume and depth. There will be fun and awe at the results of your effort as a group.
- Learn your lines - we will play fun memory games and you will get tips to stick things in your mind.
- Bring your puppet to life - you will learn to concentrate and coordinate your movements, I will show you some tricks the professional puppeteers use.
- Puppets performance - invite your parents and friends to the show. At the end you will take your puppet home with you for a happy ever after.